It's Thanksgiving day! The day when we all talk about how thankful we are for things like family, health and employment. I'm thankful for these things as well, but there are a lot of other things to be thankful for...
- I'm thankful for the beat up old Pentium 4 computer that a good friend gave to me. It's slow and and sluggish, but it works. A lot of my writing is done on that old machine, including this blog post.
- I'm thankful for Scrivener, the software I use for writing my fiction. It's tailor made for writers and has features I still haven't explored. It even runs well on the old Pentium 4.
- I'm thankful for all the teachers that made sure I had a decent education. I wouldn't be able to read and write if not for all the years and hard work they invested in me. This is a gift I make use of daily!
- I'm thankful for books. In a world of HD televisions and Blu-Ray movies, I can still find some of the greatest entertainment in their pages.
- I'm thankful for the people who encourage and inspire me. Without these folks, I'm sure I would never have decided to follow my writing dream at such a late age. If you think you might be one of these people I'm talking about, then you're right.
- I'm thankful for Facebook. I certainly wouldn't have found the people who have really lit the fire in me to write without it.
- I'm thankful for the cup of coffee that I've been drinking as I write this. It's such a simple pleasure in my life, but I'd hate to go through a morning without it.
I could probably go on all day long about things like these, but I won't. It's Thanksgiving day, which means I'm not working my day job and I get to spend time with family that I don't often see throughout the year... And for that, I'm thankful.
I hope you all have health and happiness on this holiday, and in every day that follows. Don't forget to be thankful for the small things in your life, as well as the big ones.